Quartz - South Star Granite

Quartz

Add style and functionality to your home by taking advantage of the durability of quartz countertops by using them in your kitchen and bathroom. Find yours at South Star Granite today!

Quartz is an engineered stone surface that combines the best of natural stone with modern manufacturing processes. It is an extremely popular choice for countertops because it is strong, durable, and easy to care for. Quartz is available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so it can easily be matched to any décor. As the focal piece in the room, your countertop sees a lot of action. That’s why you want a surface that can stand up to daily use and look good doing it.

At South Star Granite, we want you to love every aspect of your quartz countertops. That’s why we are happy to go over the advantages and disadvantages of using this versatile stone in your kitchen or bathroom. Keep reading to learn more about quartz, then visit us at our Myrtle Beach or North Charleston location to find the perfect quartz countertop for you! 

Benefits of Quartz Countertops

With so many colors and patterns available, quartz gives you the freedom to create the perfect look for your kitchen or bathroom. You can find quartz that resembles marble, granite, or even concrete! Because it is man-made, quartz can be created in just about any color or pattern imaginable so you can find something that truly shows off your personality.

Quartz countertops are non-porous, so they will not absorb spills or harbor bacteria. This makes them a great option for high-traffic areas as they are very easy to keep clean — simply wipe up any messes with a damp cloth! This feature means that quartz doesn’t require sealing or polishing like other natural stone countertops.

The high quartz content of these countertops makes them exceptionally hard and durable. This makes them great for busy households, as they are resistant to scratches, chips, and stains. You’ll be able to enjoy your quartz for years without having to make repairs.

Beautiful, durable, and easy to care for, quartz countertops are the complete package for high-traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms!

Disadvantages of

Quartz Kitchen Countertops

Although we love granite here at South Star Granite, considering its disadvantages as a countertop is an essential step in finding the perfect product for you. 

While quartz has a wide variety of customizable options, it lacks the genuinely unique appearance of natural stone. Though technology has enabled engineers to mimic the look of natural stones, it is still impossible to replicate the one-of-a-kind veining and smooth waves in stones like marble and granite.  

Quartz countertops are typically made up of 90% stone, with the remaining 10% being a variety of other materials like resin. This means these countertops are susceptible to heat damage, as direct heat can melt the resin and cause permanent discoloration that detracts from your kitchen or bathroom aesthetic.

Popular Types of Quartz

The beauty of quartz is that it can be customized to resemble almost any type of stone or made to match a variety of styles. Check out our selection today to find the one that is right for your home!

South Star Granite

If you’re ready to get the durability and style that quartz countertops have to offer, then visit South Star Granite today! Our knowledgeable team will be happy to assist you through every step of the process, from slab selection to installation, we’ll be there to help!

South Star Granite © 2024. All Rights Reserved. Site by Hype ag.

South Star Granite © 2024. All Rights Reserved. Site by Hype ag.